Things to Do in Heber City, Utah
- Skiing –
Skiing and snowboarding are very popular in Heber City. Many go to resorts in or near Park City to hit the slopes, which is only a 20 minute drive from our property. Utah claims to have “The Greatest Snow on Earth,” so be sure to ski Utah yourself! Many slopes are open over 115 days a year to offer amazing adventure!
- ATVing –
Uinta Recreation offers ATV, RZR and wave runner rentals to start exploring outside. In the colder months, they have snowmobiling options too. Whether playing on land, snow or water, Uinta is there to supply you with the equipment. Speaking of Uinta, the Cascade Springs are there, where you can marvel at the falls.
- Horseback Riding –
Yee haw! KB Horses offers western-style riding lessons and guided trail rides. They are open all year long and love doing sleigh or wagon rides in the winter. Let one of the cowboys or cowgirls show you the beauties of Utah. Our travelers often recommend the 90 minute ride to get the full experience!
- Air Tour –
If you think the area is gorgeous from where you’re standing, wait until you see it from above. OK3 Air can take you there! See Mount Timpanogos or go just about anywhere you’d like. If you’re just starting to learn how to fly, they also offer flight training. From scenic tours or flight lessons, OK3 has it all! Also, check out Utah Warbird Adventures where you can take the controls or sit back and enjoy flying in a WWII style plane!
- Heber Valley –
This mountainous outdoor area offers train rides on the Heber Creeper on the Herber Valley railroad, hiking trails, golf courses and more! See what Heber Valley has to offer!
- Avon Theatre –
After running around all day, it’s nice to kick back at the Avon Theatre. This 40s style building was remodeled in 2006, but still has an old-time feel. It seats 400 and offers 3-D features and the snack bar has much to offer.
- Deep Creek –
Visit this peaceful reservoir bordering the mountain, bring your kayak or water sports equipment and have fun on the water! Many people love fly fishing at Deep Creek too. Travelers tell us there’s a seven mile trail that hikers use there as well. Have lunch on the picnic tables or take a dip!
- Fishing –
There are hundreds of spots to fish in Utah! Some of Utah’s most famous rivers are the Green River, the Provo River and Huntington Creek. The state is known for their rainbow trout and they live most commonly in places like the Strawberry Reservoir.
What To Pack
It can get hot in Utah during the summer. A lot of our travelers say that hikers would benefit from long, light pants and shirts to protect against the suns rays. The real kicker is that the nights can get chilly so pack a sweater too. It can be very dry, so moisturizers can be your friend. A lot of travelers suggest bringing a hat too to block out some sun on those bright days and there is also the occasional rain storm so make sure you check the weather and pack accordingly. A water proof backpack is always a good idea to store your camera and supplies in, even if you’re only strolling the town. For more packing tips, watch our Sundance Vacations Packing Tips video.
There’s plenty of ways to get around in Utah. Heber City has shuttle, taxi and bus services, and did we mention limousines? There are also motorcycle rentals, so clearly, there are plenty of options to take you all over and even to Salt Lake City too. Scroll down to learn more about notable places to visit near the area! If you are deciding to rent a car while there on vacation, be sure to use these tips to help you save money: “10 Tips for Saving Money on Rental Cars”
- January- Sundance Film Festival
- February- US Open Snowkite Masters
- March- St. Patrick’s Day Parade, Belly Dance Spring Fest
- April- Tulip Festival, Salt Lake City Marathon
- May- Live Green Festival
- June- Utah Arts Festival, Utah Pride Festival
- July- Farmers Market and Concert in the Park, HVRR Fiddlers and Fireworks, Masquerade Train
- August- Veterans Salute 5K, Fun Run and Pancake Breakfast, Midway Swiss Days Festival
- September- Heber Valley Golf Invitational, Homestead Summer Concert
- October- Cornbelly’s Corn Maze & Pumpkin Fest
- November- Tree Lighting Celebration, North Pole Express Christmas Train
- December- Spanish Fork Festival of Lights
|Transportation to Destination||Amount of Time|
|Bus Ride to Deer Creek State Park||12 Minutes|
|Drive to Park City||21 Minutes|
|Drive to Rockport State Park||33 Minutes|
|Taxi to Salt Lake City||46 Minutes|
|Drive to Alpine||49 Minutes|
|Drive to Uinta National Forest||56 Minutes|
Utah DestinationsCheck out our destinations in Utah!
- Utah is the home of the Sundance Film Festival (not to be confused with Sundance Vacations!). Because of this, the area has tons of theaters and movie junkies! No wonder Kanab, UT is known as Utah’s Little Hollywood with all the motion pictures that are filmed there.
- Salt Lake City averages 500 inches of snowfall in the mountains each year.
- People from Utah are natural born readers! They have the highest literacy rate in the nation.
- Fishermen rejoice! There are over 11,000 miles of fishing streams and 147,000 acres of lakes and reservoirs in the state.
- Make sure you bring lots of water! Utah is the second-driest state next to Nevada with about 300 sunny days a year!